Dear Mr. Potter,
We are pleased to inform that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.
sirius i never understood why you act so guilty like why couldn’t you say “nah im just here to kill the rat” instead of “only one will die tonight”
I think people just haven’t completely grasped the concept that Sirius Black is the biggest drama queen of all time
hit me with your best sho- OW FUCK WHAT THE HELL MAN
100 Follower Book Giveaway!!
I hit 100 followers much, MUCH sooner than I expected. So, to celebrate, I’m holding my first ever giveaway! Every one of these is one of my favorites, and I absolutely am excited to share them with any one of you beautiful people. :D
The books in question:
This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith • Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell • The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen • Ready Player One by Ernest Cline • Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor • The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey • Every Soul a Star by Wendy Mass • Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson • Warrior by Marie Brennan • Annie on My Mind by Nancy Garden • Delirium by Lauren Oliver • Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
- The prize is any one of the above books! Or, if none of them suit your fancy, you may name one of your choice, as long as it’s under $20 on Book Depository. Unless it hits outside my price rage, you may choose between paperback or hardcover.
- Open internationally! As long as Book Depository ships to your country; you may want to check.
- Must be following me, just-one—more-page, only to keep it fair to those who made this possible. I’ll be checking! (If it’s a secondary blog, the link to it must be somewhere on your primary so I can tell it’s you.)
- You may enter by liking or reblogging this post, and multiple reblogs are allowed. But please be courteous to your followers, and try to avoid spamming them.
- Please enter with your actual blog. No giveaway blogs!
- I will choose the winner via a random number generator from the notes.
- When a winner is chosen, they will have 48 hours to respond and claim their book.
- If the first winner does not answer, I will randomly choose another winner and continue that way until someone does reply.
- Please make sure your ask box is open! Otherwise I will not be able to notify you if you won.
- You must be comfortable with giving me a shipping address. I won’t keep it or do anything with it, I promise. <3
- The giveaway ends at 12:00AM EST on September 1st!
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to ask! The best of luck to you, and may your books never fail to touch your heart. :)
**ENDING IN JUST UNDER 24 HOURS!**
there’s something really interesting in this passage that I wanted to point out
Trelawney assumes that Harry was born in midwinter because of his “dark hair” and “mean stature” and “tragic losses so young in life”
Tom Riddle was born in midwinter, is describe in CoS as resembling Harry, and his mother died right after his birth
Harry has a piece of Voldemort’s soul in him
that’s why Trelawney made that assumption
TRELAWNY WAS ACTUALLY A GREAT SEER SHE JUST MESSED UP SOMETIMES AND ACTED A LITTLE GOOFY SO NO ONE TOOK HER SERIOUSLY
BECAUSE CLASSICAL ALLUSIONS
For those of you who don’t know your Greek mythology, Cassandra was the daughter of the King and Queen of Troy. Apollo tried to get in her pants by giving her the gift of prophecy and took nice guy douche-bagging to a godly level by cursing her when she turned him down.
The curse? That she would never be believed.
So all of Cassandra’s warnings to the people of Troy fell on deaf ears.
And in case you don’t remember, Trelawny mentions that her great-great-grandmother’s name was … you guessed it… “Cassandra”